Sunday, November 16, 2008



Tabblo: Four seasons of Bethel, Alaska


Bethel is set on the tundra and it is impossible to build a foundation under a house. All buildings are built up on metal columns or wooden beems. As you can see this house in the Kassulyi subdivision demonstrates these columns. ... See my Tabblo>





Tabblo was Farly easy to use, I had ran in to some difficulty but did figure it out. I had down loaded my pictures from filckr and found that it took me directly in to the online view and not the make a book. The online and make a book do not view the same that was one way I was able to tell the difference and find my way around quickly. Tabblo is easy to edit and I loved how the fromating was so flexible it help to make your work with your own creative touch. You can also add as little text as you like so that even kindergarten children could make a class book with teacher guiding and directing the project. This would be great to make literacy projects fun and give the children a seance of accompaniment.

1 comment:

skipvia said...

So far you are the only person that chose Tabblo so I was very interested in your comments. In my limited experience with the program, I found it generally easier to use than Panranven but perhaps with fewer options. I'm glad to hear that you had success with it. The book looks great--wonderful images and a very readable narrative. It might be fun to revisit this project someday and add enough pages to get up to 20 so that you can have it printed.