Sunday, October 5, 2008

Excel Power Point Presentation

This was a fun and educational experience for me. I have not done many presentations with the new version of Power Point. I learned that not all the graphic tools work the same as before, but it was good to see how the new graphics do work. Excel also works differently than previous versions, but it was helpful to become up dated in how the programs have changed. I have found that Microsoft has really changed the way they display the tool bars in the newer version and so if you are not used to using older version then give yourself some extra time to work through projects like this. I often finding myself disoriented on the location of the application I was looking for. I also added a familiar themes song that will help to entertain, Pirates of the Caribbean, I hope this is fun!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow Amanda you added a cool song to your presentation. Maybe Skip will give us a chance to view some of the other students presentations?

skipvia said...

You're certainly right about the differences between the previous version of PowerPoint and the new one. I like the graphics abilities of the new version much better, but you're right about having to look for the tools. One thing that helps uis to go to the View menu, choose Toolbars, and select the Standard, Formatting, and Drawing toolbars. That makes the new version look more like the old version and eases the transition a bit.

Don't forget that Atomic Learning has some excellent tutorials on the new version of Office. You can use the student login to access those at any time